Favorited ex.fm Songs

Sunday, January 16, 2011

So I guess I'm writing a music blog...

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and I finally decided I would just give it a go. The main motivation was that I often find myself listening to music during a day when I hear a song that just won't leave me even after it finishes. It may be a new song or one of heard countless times but it just resonates with me at that time. The main focus of this will probably be posting songs like that, songs that hit me just right at that certain time, songs that I want to share with others in hopes that those songs will do the same for them, or that they will share with me the songs that do. We'll see how it goes...

Anyhow, I spent the weekend in Madison, WI, and on the ride home I encountered one of those songs. The song was "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver. I've heard it dozens of times before, and I love it every time I do. I had been listening to music for the whole drive, but when this song came on, it made me stop and really listen. Since I just returned from a weekend in Madison, below is a video of Justin Vernon (the man behind Bon Iver) singing the song on The Late Show two years ago with Bucky Badger peeking out from his undershirt.



This song along with one other Bon Iver song and one song from Volcano Choir, another band of Justin's, can be downloaded for free here on Bon Iver's website.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment