Favorited ex.fm Songs

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jolene by Ray Lamontagne

Tonight I watched The Town, the Ben Affleck directed movie about a group of bank robbers in Boston. The movie was one that I had looked forward to seeing for quite some time, and I thought it ended up being pretty good, if maybe not quite as good as I had originally hoped. More importantly for this blog though, the song that played over the closing credits really caught my attention. The song was "Jolene" by Ray Lamontagne, a folk singer/songwriter from Western Massachusetts. Ray Lamontagne is one of those artists whose music I usually enjoy, but who I rarely really go out of my way to listen to. It may just be that I never really stopped to listen very closely to the music when I heard it because when I heard Jolene after the movie tonight it sounded great. I think tomorrow I may have to spend some time checking out the rest of his catalog.

Here is a video of Ray performing the song on Elvis Costello's show Spectacle (which I also need to watch more of). Anyhow, here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment