Favorited ex.fm Songs

Sunday, January 30, 2011

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

The band Noah and the Whale is an English band whose name was taken from combining the names of one of their favorite movies, The Squid and the Whale, and the film's director, Noah Baumbach. The title of the post is the name of their first single from, The Last Night On Earth, their upcoming (March 7) release. This song is a far cry from their previous two releases which were more of a blend of indie pop and folk and were far less upbeat. I haven't spent much time listening to their older material, so I can't vouch for it, but this new single is nothing if not catchy. I defy you to avoid trying to sing along to the chorus. I've found this song playing through my head many times after I listen to it, which usually means I end up wanting to listen to it again. I'll be curious to see if the rest of their album is as catchy or if it is more similar to their previous albums. Below is the official music video for L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.:



Here is another track from the album (that sounds much more like their older stuff), but the little tape gadget to play it in from their website is too cool to pass up:

Get Adobe Flash player

No comments:

Post a Comment