Favorited ex.fm Songs

Saturday, January 22, 2011

I think I'm in the right place

I don't want to write too much because it's really late, but I wanted to post this song before I went to bed. A couple years ago a few of my favorite musicians (M. Ward, Conor Oberst from Bright Eyes, and Jim James from My Morning Jacket) teamed up to form the (super)group Monsters of Folk. As was to be expected from a gathering of favorites, I loved their self-titled debut album. A few days ago they performed songs from the album on the PBS show Austin City Limits.

Today was my birthday as well as the day I found out that I passed my master's comprehensive exams that I took last week. Those two things combined to put me in a pretty great mood all day. When I got home from school, I had some cake and watched some of the Austin City Limits episode, which I had recorded. One of the first few songs they played was "The Right Place." That song is one of my absolute favorite good mood songs (in that I love it even more when I'm in a good mood to start with). It fit perfectly with how I was feeling and ended up stuck in my head the rest of the night.

Below is the music video for the song. It's pretty simple, just black and white video of the band practicing the song, but it seems to capture the band really well. Enjoy!



cause i like where i'm livin
and i like what i do
and i like what i'm seein
when i'm lookin at you
i still like what i'm sayin
when i open my face
i think i got the right feelin
i think i'm in the right place


The whole album is currently $5 on Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment