Favorited ex.fm Songs

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Decemberists Album

The new Decemberists album, The King Is Dead, came out today. I've been a fan of the Portland, Oregon band for several years now, and their albums have yet to disappoint me. I picked up the album after teaching today, and I've listened to The King Is Dead twice now, and so far I've really enjoyed it. While their last album, The Hazards of Love, was a rock opera with a story throughout, complete with different people voicing different characters, the new album is just a fun, regular album, indie-folk affair, much more to my liking. So far my favorite song is the first track, Don't Carry It All. I'm a sucker for a catchy harmonica in a song, and the accordion is a fun touch. You can hear the song below:




Here you can stream the first single from the album:












If you want to hear more, last I checked, you could still stream the full album here as part of NPR's wonderful First Listen series.

Also, the album is on sale at Best Buy for only $6.99 (where I picked it up), and it is $3.99 for the mp3 download from Amazon through the end of today (so hurry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment