Favorited ex.fm Songs

Monday, September 26, 2011

The glove compartment isn't accurately named

Today, on my drive down to campus a green light with a picture of a key kept flashing. I had no idea what the light meant, so I tried to find the car's manual in the glove compartment. Unfortunately, all I could find were about 30 maps, and a whole bunch of napkins. This ordeal led to the song "Title and Registration" by Death Cab for Cutie getting stuck in my head. The song starts out with the line:

The glove compartment isn't accurately named.
And everybody knows it.
So I'm proposing a swift, orderly change.
Because behind its doors there's nothing to keep my fingers warm.

Based on my experiences today, I think the map/napkin box is the more appropriate name. Anyhow, here's a video of the song from 2003's "Transatlanticism" album, which I remember listening to incessantly my freshman year of college.



P.S. From some quick Googling, it sounds like the light means the car isn't recognizing the key for whatever reason. On my drive home, my second set of keys worked just fine, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a while in hopes that the issue doesn't arise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment