Favorited ex.fm Songs

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mimicking Birds - Eons

The blog has been quiet the last few months as life has been busy (and I've been lazy I suppose), but there's too much good music I want to share for it to stay silent forever. I'm hoping to start posting more regularly soon, but first... Mimicking Birds.

One of my favorite albums so far this year has been "Eons" by the Portland trio Mimicking Birds. This is the band's first release in four years, but it has been well worth the wait. I wrote a little bit about the first album here. Since that album, the band has reinvented its sound a bit, straying more from a folksy Modest Mouse to a band that expertly combines folk-rock and electronic elements in a way that sounds incredibly natural.

The first two tracks are outstanding and really set the tone for the album, but the whole thing is wonderful. Below, you can listen to track number five, "Bloodlines". I've had this album on repeat for large portions of the summer, and I expect to keep returning to it for quite some time. Here's hoping we won't have to wait another four years for their next album, but if we do I have faith they'll make it worth the wait again.




Want to check out Mimicking Birds?

No comments:

Post a Comment