Favorited ex.fm Songs

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Happy 40th Birthday Tim Kasher

Today is the 40th birthday of Tim Kasher, front man of Cursive and The Good Life. In honor, below is one of my favorite "story songs" of all time "Album of the Year," the lead track of the 2004 album of the same name, which, chronicles a year of ups and downs in a relationship through 12 tracks (one for each month of that year). The title track covers the two people's initial meeting and then summarizes the year before the remaining tracks get into more detail. It's a simultaneously beautiful and heartbreaking song with lines like "She said she'd never seen someone so lost, I said I'd never felt so found" and "I know she loved me once, but those days are done. She used to call me every day from a pay phone on her break for lunch just to say she can't wait to come home." Give it a listen and (hopefully) enjoy!



Does anyone else have any favorite "story songs"? Or perhaps a favorite The Good Life of Cursive song to help celebrate Tim Kasher's birthday? Let me know in the comments or by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment