Favorited ex.fm Songs

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bahamas Is Afie

The new album from Bahamas, "Bahamas Is Afie," has been in regular rotation for me the last couple weeks. As the album title suggests, Bahamas is the stage name for Afie Jurvanen, a Canadian folk musician. His songs are built around a soft meandering guitar and his soulful vocals, but they periodically incorporate elements from all sorts of other genres like pop, blues, gospel, soul, and country. With summer winding to a close, this album should be the perfect soundtrack to counteract the hustle and bustle of everyday life by getting you to slow down, relax, and soak in the tunes.

Below is an excellent live version of "Stronger Than That," one of my favorite tracks from the new album.



I was absolutely convinced that I had previously posted the excellent track "Okay Alright I'm Alive" from Bahamas' 2012 album "Barchords," but somehow I never got around to it, so listen to that one too!




Check Out Bahamas

Artist website
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment