Favorited ex.fm Songs

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Explosions in the Sky

I've been meaning to write a post about Explosions in the Sky for quite some time, and while I was listening to their album yesterday, I realized that a weekend centered around people watching "Explosions in the Sky" seemed like the perfect time.

Anyhow, I've been listening to the band a lot more recently because they provide the soundtrack for the TV show Friday Night Lights, which I was watching obsessively before I got sidetracked trying to finish Veronica Mars and have since resumed. The band is from Texas and plays ambient post-rock music. What that entirely means is a little beyond me, but they just seem to do the perfect job of creating an atmosphere that just makes you feel in a particular moment, completely absorbed by the songs. I don't listen to a ton of instrumental music, and I know some people don't like it, but I highly recommend Explosions in the Sky.

While they may not have lyrics in their songs, the band has some of my favorite song titles. Here's a video for "Remember Me As A Time Of Day" that is my favorite song of theirs and one of my favorite song titles ever (It takes a little while to pick up, so don't give up on it too early!):



Their new album "Take Care, Take Care, Take Care," one of my favorites thus far in 2011 is available from Amazon for only $5.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.avclub.com/austin/articles/from-west-texas-to-the-billboard-200-an-explosions,57200/

    ReplyDelete