Favorited ex.fm Songs

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I wish we'd never met, then met today

I've got my recap of the second quarter of the year post almost ready to go, but the actual writing of it will take longer than I want to do right now, so it'll have to wait for another day. In the meantime, I've got the line from the post's title stuck in my head, so here's a short one.

"Backwards Walk" by Frightened Rabbit is a song that tends to get lost in the shuffle when I pick a favorite from the album because Midnight Organ Fight is about as close to perfect as one can get (at least to me). One day my favorite is "The Twist," then "The Modern Leper," then "Poke," then "Old Old Fashioned," and so on. However, "Backwards Walk" does have the advantage of having certain lines that just get stuck in my head and won't leave. Tonight it's the line "I wish we'd never met, then met today." That wishing that you'd met someone at a different point in your life than you did is something I've thought about many times, thinking that just maybe things would be different if that had been the case. Maybe you wouldn't have drifted apart, maybe you'd be closer than you are if you just had the knowledge now that you didn't have then. Anyhow, enough of being a downer. Here's the song, and if you aren't familiar with the whole album, I really can't recommend it enough. I mean that.

No comments:

Post a Comment