Favorited ex.fm Songs

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Great folk/country from Indianna Dawn

Let's see if I even remember how this whole blogging thing works. This is by far the longest break I've taken since I started this blog almost two years ago. I've been working on my albums of the year list that I'll post between Christmas and New Years, but hopefully now that I'm less busy I can get a couple other posts done too.

One of my favorite artists I've discovered this year is Denmark's Indianna Dawn. The five piece band is the brainchild of Dianna Maria Doenns (likely how the band name was chosen). Along with Sweden's First Aid Kit, Indianna Dawn is pretty good evidence that the Scandinavians are giving Americans a run for their money in folk/country music making.

To date, Indianna Dawn's only album is "Somebody's Dead," which was released in September of 2011. Usually with the invention of Spotify I'll listen to an album a couple times before buying it, but this one I had to buy before even making it through one whole listen. My two favorite tracks are below. I love the harmonica on "More Than Alright". If you enjoy these tracks, it looks like you can actually stream the whole album here on Soundcloud.







And since Christmas is just around the corner, here is a video of a Christmas song that the band just posted this morning. I'm not familiar with the original, but it is a cover of a song called "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You" by Billy Squier.




Interested in checking out Indianna Dawn?

Band website
Facebook
Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment