Favorited ex.fm Songs

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Song of the Day: Everything Reminds Me of Her

I don't really have time for a proper post, but I figured I'd quick post a song that I was enjoying today. For some reason I have this intense need to keep up with new music that comes out (which is usually exacerbated early in the year), so the last couple months most of my listening has been new releases. Thanks to the magic that is Spotify (and spending way too much time at my computer) I've managed to squeeze in over 40 albums already that have been released this year. Most of those I've only listened to once or twice, while others like First Aid Kit, Hospitality, Kathleen Edwards, and Heartless Bastards have received somewhere in the range of 5 to 12 listens. For whatever reason today though I couldn't settle on anything in particular that sounded good, so I put my iPod on shuffle and went with that. It turned out to be a good choice leading to quite a few awesome songs that I don't get around to listening to very often, but the highlight was Elliott Smith's wonderful "Everything Reminds Me Of Her" from his 2000 album "Figure 8." Elliott Smith is one of those artists that has never ranked among my absolute favorites but that I really enjoy whenever I do actually listen to him.

Anyhow, enjoy the song below! Anyone else have a song that stuck out for them today? Feel free to share in the comments.

I never really had a problem because of leaving,
but everything reminds me of her this evening.
So if I seem a little out of it, sorry.
But why should I lie? Everything reminds me of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment