Favorited ex.fm Songs

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm not dead! (even though I'm blogging like I am)

It turns out that being in a Phd program and writing a music blog don't go very well together. I have kind of a log jam of posts I want to write (including my July-September 2011 wrap up post), so we'll see if I can get a few of them out in the next several days.

One artist I've wanted to mention is the Scottish artist I Build Collapsible Mountains. The name is a moniker for folk singer/songwriter Luke G Joyce, who apparently has his roots in post rock.

I think I was first introduced to his music a couple months ago by one of the music blogs I read. I liked the song I heard, and he was offering a 5-song EP on his Bandcamp page for only $1, which seemed like a no brainer. Just recently, he also released a full-length on his Bandcamp page for only $5 (and $2.50 if you previously bought the EP). The albums are nothing too flashy, but I've found them really growing on me with repeated listens. Then again, I'm a sucker for indie folk singer/songwriter stuff. Regardless, it's cool to see artists putting their stuff out there at affordable prices for people to hear. Check it out if you get a chance, and support him if you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment