Favorited ex.fm Songs

Thursday, June 14, 2012

You Will Find True Love On Flag Day

The internet tells me that today is Flag Day, which means I can't help but think of The Simpsons. Although, to be fair, there are a lot of things in life that make me think of The Simpsons. In this particular case, it is because they had an episode ("A Hunka Hunka Burns in Love" from season 13) in which Homer briefly worked as a fortune cookie writer. One of his fortunes that he wrote was the oddly specific "You will find true love on Flag Day." This fortune happens to find its way into Mr. Burns' hands on Flag Day of all days and leads to all sorts of hi-jinx and shenanigans.

I thought I'd include a couple songs with this short post, but I ran into a problem when I noticed I have 5 versions of Daniel Johnston's "True Love Will Find You In The End" (the original and four covers). After careful listening, I decided to include the Hey Marseilles version. This was partly based on the decision that they allow you to download the track below and partly because I'm being nostalgic about seeing them at Sasquatch. You may want to check out the original and the Mates of State cover as well.




And from Deer Tick's Born On Flag Day album, here is "The Ghost"


No comments:

Post a Comment