Favorited ex.fm Songs

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"It's what you've become and it's what you'll stay"

I can't write a long post, but I've got this Kevin Devine song stuck in my head. It's an excellent example of why he's one of my favorite lyricists. He really doesn't shy away from being introspective even if it may not make him look great. In light of so many things going on in the world right now, it's a good reminder that nobody is perfect. Everyone's flawed, some less so than others. Anyhow, here's the track.

**There is a little bit of "colorful" language, so feel free to skip this one if that's not your thing**

Kevin Devine - 'Ballgame' by RockSoundMagazine

Because I'm selfish enough to want to get better,
but I'm backwards enough not to take any steps to get there.
And when you realize it's a pattern and not a phase,
it's what you've become and it's what you will stay,
that's the ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment