Favorited ex.fm Songs

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Old school No Doubt

Sometimes I forget that No Doubt was actually pretty darn awesome back in the day. Their first album, self-titled and released in 1992, is good old fashioned unabashed ska music. They retained some of those ska elements on their second album, which had "Spiderwebs" and "Don't Speak" on it, but they had already started to get away from them a bit. Today their debut album came up on shuffle, and the song "Doormat" is one that stuck out to me as a good example of their early music. It's got super catchy horns, great Gwen Stefani vocals, and a sweet bass riff near the end of the song. If you enjoy this song, I really recommend checking out the whole album. It's albums like this one that remind me that I shouldn't go so long without listening to some ska music here and there. It really makes life more enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment